Thursday, November 30, 2006


The Things I Carry

A neighboring highschool had this tradition -- departing seniors wrote essays, describing the things
they carry with them as they leave school; the things gleaned from that phase in their lives that shape them as human beings. Its an allusion to the great book/essay from Tim O'Brien. I was thinking about that today. I have less than a few hours left in my official capacity at GlobalGiving. What do I carry?

Love and admiration
for the most amazing brilliant crazy stimulating fun people anyone can be blessed to call friends and colleagues.

Confidence in world-changing product that I and those amazing colleauges of mine have been building. There is still much to do, but we should
take stock of what has already been done and the social change we have enabled.

A taste of what it means to unleash people's potential to maximize innovation and deliver results.


It sounds so mundane, but GlobalGiving and its people are very very special.

My wish to all of you is that you continue to be so.

I look forward to my new role in the GlobalGiving Community, that of a project leader.

So no goodbye quite yet. Just a ciao, for now.


2 comments:

Ned Baxter said...

"neighboring high school"?
oh, I know that school. in fact, I think I might have written that essay! i like that you've revisited it, am curious to ask myself the same question-- see what emerges.

hello, E! enjoying the chance to expand my own digital community.

Dennis Whittle said...

Who moved my Eli?

We miss you...